Romesco Sauce, while pairing beautifully with salmon, is a culinary gift from Spain and brings that excitement to our fresh fish dish.
It only requires a handful of ingredients and is easy to prepare using a food processor:
- Fire grilled roasted red peppers, cleaned of their charred skin and seeds
- Smoked paprika
- Salt and peper
- A little anchovy paste, optional
- Fresh chopped garlic to taste, start with a tsp.
- A bit of orange zest
- Crushed Natural almonds, start with one cup
- 1/4 cup of good olive oil
- Some dried or stale bread, less is more but it works to tighten up the sauce.
Romesco doesn’t even need a recipe. To make a quart I begin with perhaps 6-8 roasted whole red peppers, cleaned. And a cup of almonds. Pulse these in a food processor with the seasonings, nuts and bread to desired texture. I prefer mine slightly chunky but a silky texture can be achieved with more and longer processing time.
I top mine with more oil and it keeps for a week under refrigeration. It’s a terrific go-to for most any grilled protein. Enjoy!