Everybody loves Hummus….but why not up your game and try this delicious twist on a bean spread that everyone will adore. Great as a spread on bread or a dip for veggies.
Truffle oil is the luxury ingredient and it is optional, since not everyone loves the flavor. I like to use white cannelloni beans and save the “aquafaba” , or bean water from the can as a healthy egg alternative. The stuff has a viscosity a lot like eggs and will stand in for whipped egg whites in many recipes.
- 1 1/2 CUP COOKED AND DRAINED CANNELINI BEANS, SAVE THE LIQUID
- 2 TB EVOO
- 2 TB FRESH LEMON JUICE, AND A LITTLE LEMON ZEST
- 1 LG CLOVE GARLIC
- 1/2 tsp. WHOLE GRAIN GARLIC
- SEA SALT AND FRSH PEPPER , TO TASTE
- FRESH HERBS TO GARNISH OPTIONAL
- 1 TSP WHITE TRUFFLE OIL OPTIONAL
In a food processor, pulse all ingredients until smooth with a bit of chunk ( that’s how I prefer it, others like it silky smooth).
Using a spatula, place the dip/pate into a bowl . GARNISH with EVOO and chopped parsley
Depending on how you intend to use the pate, you may add some of the aquafaba if you’re going for more of a dip that a spread.
Keep the mixture tight for a sandwich spread. Wonderful on a pita with lots of sprouts and cucumber!